If you're putting together a gear list for your bikepacking / bike touring adventures or looking at what other gear options are out there, then this blog post is for you.
I'll keep this short - back when I started my adventures on a bike I felt I was clutching at straws trying to put a list together of all the items I would need for my trip. I wasn't really sure what I was meant to bring so I haphazardly drew from a number of sources online. The purpose of this article is to share the document I created originally for myself which contains all the items you would need for a 3 season trip.
The checklist doesn't have any bells and whistles but it will do just fine in getting a complete picture of items you should be considering on your trip.
Below are exerts from the introduction page and a picture or two of the document to give you a feel on what to expect.
You can download the checklist HERE.
Easy to navigate and understand bikepacker / bike tourer gear checklist that you can fill out along with what I would recommend. This list is designed around a 3 season trip - that is a hot summers day to roughly a cold night (32 Fahrenheit / 0 Celsius).
- First time bikepackers / bike tourerslooking for recommendations on what items they should bring
- Bikepackers / bike tourers looking at any gaps they may have in their gear
- Bikepackers / bike tourers exploring other gear options from what they currently use
Why a Gear Checklist?
Short and Sharp:
- Part of my adventure is to share what I have learned with others - detailed, quality information that you can go off and action
- Fast track the process for finding the gear you need
- Free way to support my travel via using the amazon links - my next bag of oats appreciates it :)
I truly hope you find this checklist useful! Let me know what you think.